Quilled art, Freestyle

Quilled art, Freestyle
Earth Preservers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quilling with your scrap booking paper scraps

I have to admit, when I discovered guilling, I fell in love with this art. I have bought some papers, but being a scrapbooker for what seems like forever, I have a bin full of paper. So I got out the cutter and started cutting pieces myself. So scrapbooker's here is an art you will enjoy embellishing your pages with and that gives you that opportunity to use up some of those scraps.
 Mom's Birthday Gift

I started with the letters. I used my cricut machine and cut the letter with the Mickey Font Disk. I picked my colors with the concept of sunrise to sunset. There is a tool you can purchase to work on, but I used a square piece of foam my sis got from the bottom of a box. I turned it upside down and lay my pictures on it , straight pin them in place and copy or fill in. It works great! I do not have a measuring board yet, but I have ordered one for some future projects. It is a good tool, and for all you perfectionist, you will want one. After I finished the letters I glued them onto a white circle. Then I began with the colored hearts around the inside edges, coordinating the colors to the letters. Then I began creating the swirls, and mounting them in place, again coordinating the colors. Once I had it in circled I mounted it on a purple paper. I then added the white hearts. When this was finished I trimmed the purple around the hearts and mounted it on the blue. 

Was it hard, no. It was repetitious and time consuming. 

Here are a couple of other fun projects that I have done.
                                                          
Mario for my Grandson


An abstract (STEVE) for a male cousin

I have an anniversary gift I am working on and a tree. I will post them soon.

At the bottom of this page there are some videos on how to quill. Check them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment