Quilled art, Freestyle

Quilled art, Freestyle
Earth Preservers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Grocery Bag Holder

I found a tutorial at Thread Banger, showing how to fuse together grocery bags. It was so simple I had to try it. Once their fused together you can sew them!

I added letters, cut with my cricut machine, just under the first layer before I fused them together.
to fuse you flatten out the bag, trim off the bottom seam and the handles. Open the bag up and then smooth down flat. fold in half ( now you have 4 layers), fold in half again ( now you have 8 layers) Take out a piece of wax paper about twice the size of your bag and sandwich it inside. Set Iron to medium, and press, never letting your iron stop moving. It takes about 30 to 60 seconds.

This bag holder that I made took 8 bags. 3 sewed together for the front and back and 2 for the handles. Be creative .

No comments:

Post a Comment